Monday, November 24, 2008

Capitol Beltway League Champions!!


We are so extremely proud of our son and his team for bringing home the trophy! Freddie played so unbelievably well that there is no way I could ever put it into words-thank goodness we filmed it. He completed a 41 yard pass that lead to the first touchdown after which he kicked the extra point. The next touchdown, he ran through 4 defenders to score and once again kicked the extra point. Don't ask me how he became the kicker as well as the quarterback but whatever works, right?!? I must confess that after these two touchdowns, I can't remember anything except I looked up, the scoreboard was 29-0 and the crowd was out of control cheering because we were now the Champions! After the game, we were taken to another part of the stadium fo the tropy presentation. I almost cried when Freddie was awarded the Most Valuable Player not because that's what moms do when their childen do well, but because he was absolutely the most deserving player, hands down! He was always early to practice and gave 150% regardless of how tired, hot or cold he was. All of this was done while still maintaining his honor roll status as an 8th grader taking high school courses. Thank you all for your support and prayers and please continue to do so as the season is not over. We have a week off then we play in the first round of the Maryland Youth Football State Championship. They will play two games before heading to the Baltimore Ravens Stadium for the State Championship game on December 20th. We truly are blessed parents!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

awesome!!!!

Lara said...

THE COMMENT BELOW WAS POSTED ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE AND I PLACED IT ON OUR BLOG FOR THIS FAMILY.

-----------------------------------------------
Lara I wanted to post this on your simpkinshome.blogspot, but it wouldn't take. So, here you go:

Freddie always had heart! I knew it in soccer. But, I always knew his best sport was football. He is one great kid. You and Fred have a great son because you two are such great people.
I'm am so happy for you and always pray God continues to bless your family.
Best wishes from
Rome, Grace and Christian
de las Alas

The Simpkins Men

The Simpkins Men

Let's Say Thanks To Our Troops!

Click on the picture below and send your free card to a service member away from home today. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thank God for family!

Well said.....

"In the South, the breeze blows softer...neighbors are friendlier, nosier, and more talkative. (By contrast with the Yankee, the Southerner never uses one word when ten or twenty will do)...This is a different place. Our way of thinking is different, as are our ways of seeing, laughing, singing, eating, meeting and parting. Our walk is different, as the old song goes, our talk and our names. Nothing about us is quite the same as in the country to the north and west. What we carry in our memories is different too, and that may explain everything else."
--Charles Kuralt in "Southerners: Portrait of a People"