Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mr. Squiggles has arrived at the Simpkins' house

For those of you unaware of the madness surrounding this season's hottest toy, check out the toy causing such a stir below.
I am so happy to say that Christian will be one of the lucky children to own Mr. Squiggles, a Zhu Zhu pet hamster, when Santa arrives this year. We did not have to beat anyone up or sale our house to insure he has one but I can't say that for other people in this world. These hamsters sell for $8 at WalMart(when they have them in stock) but since they are the most popular toy for children this year, people are scalping them for more than $50 online. I don't think adults that do this have the true Christmas spirit but that is only my opinion. Ok, enough about the craziness. When you get some time, check out these cool little things. I remember having a real hamster as a child and it was a complete mess with it's peeing, pooping and constant need to clean it's cage. This new "hamster" does all the things a real hamster can do without the mess. This really helps OCD parents like myself keep a clean, nice smelling house. Ummmm, on second thought, maybe those crazy people are on to something...I kid, I kid, honestly!

The 2010 line of these hamsters comes out in January so to avoid the craziness, I pre-ordered Winkie from that line for his birthday in February. Now, to find the accessories like the convertible car, house and ball for them to play in is my next task. If you are interested in pre-ordering one of the 2010 line, there are many sites online that are offering the chance to do that. It may prevent a headache down the road if your children catch on to the Zhu Zhu pet craze. Check out Winkie below. Have a great happy Friday and wonderful weekend

1 comment:

DSS said...

Oh my goodness!!! I have never heard of such a thing. Hysterical :) You know, I'm obviously a bit old for one of these...but I kindove want one!

The Simpkins Men

The Simpkins Men

Let's Say Thanks To Our Troops!

Click on the picture below and send your free card to a service member away from home today. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thank God for family!

Well said.....

"In the South, the breeze blows softer...neighbors are friendlier, nosier, and more talkative. (By contrast with the Yankee, the Southerner never uses one word when ten or twenty will do)...This is a different place. Our way of thinking is different, as are our ways of seeing, laughing, singing, eating, meeting and parting. Our walk is different, as the old song goes, our talk and our names. Nothing about us is quite the same as in the country to the north and west. What we carry in our memories is different too, and that may explain everything else."
--Charles Kuralt in "Southerners: Portrait of a People"